BV650 Rat Anti-Mouse CD24
Clone M1/69 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD24a; HSA; Heat Stable Antigen; Ly-52; Nectadrin; R13-Ag
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA, also known as DA/HA IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen C57BL/10 Mouse Splenic T Lymphocytes
- Entrez Gene ID 12484
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M1/69 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD24 (Heat-Stable Antigen, HSA or HsAg), a variably glycosylated, glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol-anchored membrane protein expressed on erythrocytes, granulocytes, monocytes, lymphocytes, and neurons. Hematopoietic stem cells of the embryonic yolk sac and fetal liver express CD24. Levels of expression of CD24 vary during differentiation of the T and B cell lineages. In the bone marrow, hematopoietic progenitors acquire CD24 expression upon commitment to the B-lymphocyte lineage. Immature B cells in the bone marrow express low CD24 levels whereas peripheral B lymphocytes express intermediate to high levels of CD24. The level of CD24 expression has been reported to rise upon activation of splenic B cells with LPS, but not with CD154 (CD40 Ligand). The majority of thymocytes express high levels of CD24, while most mature thymic and peripheral T lymphocytes do not express CD24. In contrast, TCR-bearing thymocytes which emigrate to the spleen are CD24+. Dendritic cells of the thymus, spleen, liver, and epidermal Langerhans cells have also been reported to express CD24. CD24 is not expressed by NK cells, as determined by staining with J11d mAb (Cat. No. 553146). CD24 is involved in the costimulation of CD4+ T cells by B cells, it is a "co-inducer" of in vitro thymocyte maturation, and it is a ligand of CD62P (P-selectin). While the monoclonal antibodies 30-F1, M1/69, and J11d all react with CD24, they show subtle differences in the level of staining of different lymphocyte populations. When possible, investigators should continue to use the same monoclonal anti-CD24 antibody as used in previous studies.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV650 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon™ BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 650-nm. BD Horizon™ BV650 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect APC-like dyes (eg, 660/20-nm filter). Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there will be spillover into the APC and Alexa Fluor® 700 detectors. However, the spillover can be corrected through compensation as with any other dye combination.
BV650 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 650 nm. Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there will be spillover into the APC and Alexa Fluor® 700 detectors. BV650 will have moderate spillover into the BD Horizon™ BV711 detector.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV650 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV650 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Brilliant Violet™ 650 is a trademark of Sirigen.