BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse CD31
Clone 390 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule; Pecam1; PECAM-1; Pecam-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen C3H/HeJ mouse hematopoietic progenitor cell line 32D
- Entrez Gene ID 18613
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 390 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD31, also known as PECAM-1 (platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule). CD31 is a ~130 kDa integral membrane glycoprotein, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, that mediates homophilic and heterophilic cell-cell adhesion. CD31 is expressed constitutively on the surface of adult and embryonic endothelial cells and is weakly expressed on many peripheral leukocytes and platelets. It has also been detected on bone marrow-derived hematopoietic stem cells and embryonic stem cells. CD31 is involved in the transendothelial emigration of neutrophils, and neutrophil PECAM-1 appears to be down-regulated after extravasation into inflamed tissues. Multiple alternatively spliced isoforms are detected during early post-implantation embryonic development; this alternative splicing is involved in regulation of ligand specificity. CD38 and vitronectin receptor (αvβ3 integrin, CD51/CD61) are proposed to be ligands for CD31. CD31-mediated endothelial cell-cell interactions are involved in angiogenesis. The 390 mAb inhibits a variety of in vitro and in vivo functions mediated by CD31.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.