FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD66
Clone B1.1/CD66 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CEA, carcinoembryonic antigen, CD66a, CD66c, CD66d, CD66e
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Breast Carcinoma Cells
- Workshop No. VI MA87
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B1.1 monoclonal antibody binds to several glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored glycoproteins present on granulocytes and epithelial cells. As reported in the Sixth International Workshop and Conference on Human Leucocyte Differentiation Antigens, the B1.1 antibody recognized CD66a (CEACAM1), CD66c (CEACAM6), CD66d (CEACAM3) and CD66e (CEACAM5). CD66 antigens belong to the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) family of molecules that are closely related to the immunoglobulin superfamily of glycoproteins. Studies on CD66 molecules suggest a potential adhesion function in vivo. These molecules exhibit both homophilic and heterophilic adhesion. CEA family members may be involved in transmembrane signaling and activation of neutrophils.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.