PE Mouse Anti-Human RANTES
Clone 2D5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human RANTES Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2D5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human Regulated upon Activation, Normal T cells Expressed and Secreted (RANTES). RANTES belongs to the C-C family of chemokines and is also known as CCL5. RANTES is produced by activated macrophages, CD8+ T cells, platelets, fibroblasts, epithelial cells and some tumor cells. RANTES is a chemoattractant and response modifier for a variety of cells including memory T cells, NK cells, dendritic cells, monocytes, eosinophils, basophils, and mast cells. RANTES binds to and transduces intracellular signals through several cell surface chemokine receptors including CCR1, CCR3, CCR4, and CCR5. RANTES can reportedly inhibit the interaction between certain HIV viruses and CCR5 and thus suppress viral infection in vitro.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometry: The PE-conjugated 2D5 antibody (Cat. No. 554732) can be used for multicolor immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analyses to identify and enumerate human RANTES producing cells within mixed cell populations. For optimal immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, this anti-cytokine antibody should be titrated (≤ 0.5 µg mAb/million cells). For specific methodology, visit the protocols section of our website, or the chapter on intracellular staining in the Immune Function Handbook, which is posted on our web site at www.bdbiosciences.com.
A useful control for demonstrating specificity of staining is to pre-block the fixed/permeabilized cells with unlabeled 2D5 antibody (Cat. No. 556859) prior to staining. The intracellular staining technique and use of blocking controls are described in detail by C. Prussin and D. Metcalfe. A suitable mouse IgG1 isotype control immunoglobulin for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehydefixed/saponin-permeabilized human cells is the PE-MOPC-21 immunoglobulin (Cat. No. 554680); use at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest (e.g., ≤ 0.5 µg mAb/1 million cells).