PE Mouse Anti-Human Fetal Hemoglobin
Clone 2D12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Reacts with fetal hemoglobin (HbF), a form of hemoglobin present during fetal development. HbF resembles adult hemoglobin (HbA) in possessing two alpha chains but differs in possessing two gamma instead of two beta chains. In normal adults, synthesis of HbF does persist at very low levels (<1% of total Hb) and is restricted to a small population of erythrocytes called F cells. Hemoglobin F-expressing erythrocytes are normally seen during pregnancy. An increase in the expression of fetal hemoglobin in adult peripheral red blood cells is a common feature in the genetic disorders of hemoglobin, sickle-cell disease (SCD) and beta thalassemia.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
We recommend to use 0.05% cold glutaraldehyde at room temperature for 10 minutes to fix the cells, then use 0.1% Triton X-100 at room temperature for 10 minutes to permeabilize the cells.