PE-CF594 Mouse Anti-Stat5 (pY694)
Clone 47/Stat5 (pY694) (RUO)
- Brand BD Phosflow™
- Alternative Name Signal transducer and activator of transcription 5; MGF; MPF
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Phosphorylated Human Phosphorylated Stat5 Peptide
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Stat (Signal transducer and activators of transcription) proteins mediate the biological activity of cytokines, including interleukins, interferons, erythropoietin, and growth factors. Ligand-receptor interaction activates constitutively-associated JAK family kinases and subsequent recruitment/activation of Stat proteins by tyrosine phosphorylation. Active Stat proteins then move to the nucleus to promote transcription of cytokine-inducible genes. Seven Stat proteins have been cloned, each of which is differentially expressed and/or activated in a cytokine-specific and cell type-specific manner. Stat5 has been characterized and shown to be encoded by two separate genes, Stat5a and Stat5b, which share over 90% identity at the amino acid level. Stat5a has been shown to be involved in lactogenesis and mammary development, while Stat5b has been shown to be involved in growth hormone signaling and liver gene expression. Both Stat5a and Stat5b are involved in IL-2 induced peripheral T cell proliferation. The peptide hormone, prolactin, binds to the prolactin receptor (PRLR) to initiate the lactogenic response. There are at least three forms of PRLR; however, only the long form activates the 92-kDa Stat5 protein by inducing phosphorylation at Y694. Once phosphorylated, Stat5 becomes an essential transcription factor which binds to the β-casein gene promoter. The presence of an SH2 domain within Stat5 suggests that it may directly interact with protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs) such as JAK2.
The 47 monoclonal antibody recognizes the phosphorylated Y694 of Stat5a. The homologous phosphorylation site in Stat5b is Y699.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ PE-CF594, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to PE-Texas Red®. PE-CF594 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to PE-Texas Red® yet exhibits improved brightness and spectral characteristics. Due to PE having maximal absorption peaks at 496 nm and 564 nm, PE-CF594 can be excited by the blue (488-nm), green (532-nm) and yellow-green (561-nm) lasers and can be detected with the same filter set as PE-Texas Red® (eg 610/20-nm filter).
- Format PE-CF594
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 612 nm
BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 is a tandem conjugate, developed exclusively by BD Biosciences, that combines PE and CF594. PE-CF594 is a brighter alternative to PE-Texas Red®, with improved spectral characteristics. PE-CF594 reagents exhibit very consistent spillover values lot to lot, making them an ideal choice for the PE-Texas Red® detector (610/20 nm).
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-CF594 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Texas Red is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
- When excited by the yellow-green (561-nm) laser, the fluorescence may be brighter than when excited by the blue (488-nm) laser.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications owned or licensed by Biotium, Inc. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: email@example.com.
- Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using multi-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and CF™594.
This antibody conjugate is suitable for intracellular staining of human whole blood (using BD Phosflow™ Lyse/Fix Buffer) and peripheral blood mononuclear cells (using BD Cytofix™ Fixation Buffer or BD Phosflow™ Fix Buffer I).
This purified or conjugated mAb was characterized by flow cytometry (Flow) and western blot analysis (WB) using these model systems:
Method Species Cells Treatment Fixation Perm buffer Result
Flow Human PBMC IL-2 Fixation Buffer III Positive Staining
Flow Human PBMC IL-2 Fixation Buffer I or II Unsatisfactory
Flow Human Whole Blood IL-2 Lyse/Fix III Positive Staining
Flow Human Whole Blood IL-2 Lyse/Fix I or II Unsatisfactory
WB Human A431 Cell Lysate EGF Not Applicable Not Applicable 92 kDa