FITC Rat Anti-Human IL-2
Clone MQ1-17H12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL2; Interleukin-2; T-cell growth factor; TCGF
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MQ1-17H12 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the multifunctional cytokine, human Interleukin-2 (IL-2). IL-2 is produced by activated T cells and has multiple functions that can affect the growth, proliferation, differentiation and survival of many different target cell types including T cells, B cells, NK cells, monocytes and macrophages. The immunogen used to generate the MQ1-17H12 hybridoma was purified recombinant human IL-2 protein. The MQ1-17H12 antibody reportedly neutralizes the biological activity of human IL-2.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.