BV510 Mouse Anti-Human Cytokeratin
Clone CAM5.2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Cytokeratin-7/-8; CK-7/CK-8;
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human HT29 colorectal carcinoma cell line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CAM5.2 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes cytokeratin having a primary reactivity with human keratin proteins that correspond to Moll's peptides #7 (48 kDa) and #8 (52 kDa). Cytokeratin 7 and 8 are type II cytoskeletal keratins. These cytoskeletal proteins provide structural integrity for epithelial cells and may serve other functions as well. They are expressed in epithelia cells that comprise normal human tissues. Although these cytokeratins are not normally expressed in stratified squamous epithelium, they may be expressed in some squamous cell carcinomas. The CAM 5.2 antibody stains most epithelial-derived tissue, including liver, renal tubular epithelium, and hepatocellular and renal cell carcinomas.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Note: The CAM5.2 antibody can also be used to stain cells that have been fixed and permeabilized using BD Cytofix™ Fixation Buffer (Cat. No. 554655) and BD Perm/Wash™ Buffer (Cat. No. 554723).