PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD43
Clone S7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Spn; Sialophorin; Leukosialin; Ly-48; Ly48; Galgp; LEUK
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA x LOU IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Plasmacytoma MOPC-315
- Entrez Gene ID 20737
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The S7 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 115 kDa glycosylated form of CD43 (Ly-48, Leukosialin). CD43 is expressed on IL-7-responsive pro-B cells, plasma cells, peritoneal and splenic CD5+ B cells (B-1 cells), granulocytes, monocytes, macrophages, platelets, natural killer cells, thymocytes, peripheral T cytotoxic/suppressor cells, and most T helper cells, but not resting conventional peripheral B cells. CD43 expression has also been detected on pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells and myeloid, lymphoid, and NK-cell progenitors in the bone marrow. Studies of CD43-deficient mice indicate that CD43 participates in the negative regulation of T-cell activation and adhesion.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
This antibody conjugate is compatible with intracellular staining protocols using the BD Cytofix/Cytoperm™ Kit (Cat. No. 554714).