FITC Rat Anti-Mouse CD43
Clone S7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Spn; Sialophorin; Leukosialin; Ly-48; Ly48; Galgp; LEUK
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA x LOU IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Plasmacytoma MOPC-315
- Entrez Gene ID 20737
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The S7 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 115 kDa glycosylated form of CD43 (Ly-48, Leukosialin). CD43 is expressed on IL-7-responsive pro-B cells, plasma cells, peritoneal and splenic CD5+ B cells (B-1 cells), granulocytes, monocytes, macrophages, platelets, natural killer cells, thymocytes, peripheral T cytotoxic/suppressor cells, and most T helper cells, but not resting conventional peripheral B cells. CD43 expression has also been detected on pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells and myeloid, lymphoid, and NK-cell progenitors in the bone marrow. Studies of CD43-deficient mice indicate that CD43 participates in the negative regulation of T-cell activation and adhesion.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.