APC-R700 Hamster Anti-Mouse CD95
Clone Jo2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Apo-1; Apt1; Fas; FASLG receptor; lpr; TNFR6; Tnfrsf6; TNR6
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, λ2
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen WR19L mouse lymphoma cells transformed with recombinant mouse Fas
- Entrez Gene ID 14102
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Fas antigen, CD95, is a 45 kDa cell-surface protein which can mediate apoptosis. It belongs to the TNF (tumor necrosis factor)/NGF receptor family. Expression of Fas has been described in the thymus, liver, heart, lung and ovary. Fas plays an important role in the apoptotic process that takes place during development. Monoclonal antibodies recognizing Fas such as Jo2 have cytolytic activity on cells expressing Fas. The cell death stimulated by Fas antibodies is characteristic of apoptosis and suggests that the lethal effects are a result of interaction of antibody with a functional Fas antigen as opposed to complement-mediated lysis.
The Jo2 antibody recognizes mouse Fas. The Jo2 antibody shows cytolytic activity against cell lines expressing mouse Fas by inducing apoptosis. Intraperitoneal injections of Jo2 mAb have been shown to kill mice and induce apoptotic hepatocyte death. Jo2 mAb has been reported to immunoprecipitate mouse Fas as a 45 kDa band from W4 cells. W4 cells are WR19L mouse lymphoma cells transformed with mouse Fas. The difference between the observed MW of Fas and that deduced from its amino acid sequence (Mr 34,971) may be due to glycosylation.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.