FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD77
Clone 5B5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgM, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Initially Adherent Human Peripheral Blood Cells
- Workshop No. VI CD77.5
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 5B5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD77, a small neutral glycosphingolipid also referred to as globotriaosylceramide (Gb3), Burkitt 's lymphoma associated antigen (BLA), ceramide trihexoside (CTH), and Pk blood group antigen. CD77 is expressed on a subset of germinal center B-lymphocytes including centroblasts that are found with greater frequency in tonsil and mucosal lymphoid tissues and less frequently in peripheral blood, bone marrow and spleen. It has been described as a receptor for Shiga Toxin, produced by Shigella dysenteriae, and Verotoxin 1 (VT1), produced by some strains of E. coli. CD19 has been reported as a ligand for CD77. This interaction may function in adhesion and signal transduction at a specific stage of B cell differentiation. Studies have shown that cross-linking CD77 induces apoptosis in some B cell lines.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.