Purified Rat Anti-Mouse IgG2b
Clone R12-3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Igh-3; gamma2b; Immunoglobulin heavy constant gamma 2B
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
ELISA (Routinely Tested)
Flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Pooled Mouse Ig
- Entrez Gene ID 16016
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R12-3 antibody recognizes an epitope in the CH3 domain of mouse IgG2b of Igh-C[a] and Igh-C[b] haplotypes. It does not react with other Ig isotypes. Detection of surface immunoglobulin on B lymphoma cells has been demonstrated with R12-3 mAb.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For the sandwich mouse, Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse IgG2b (Cat. No. 553393) is optimal for detection with Purified Rat Anti-Mouse IgG2b (Cat. No. 553396) for capture. Purified Rat Anti-Mouse IgG2b may be used as a primary reagent in immunofluorescent staining. For flow cytometric detection of intracytoplasmic IgG2b, we recommend FITC Rat Anti-Mouse IgG2b (Cat. No. 553395).