AKP Rat Anti-Mouse IgG2a
Clone R19-15 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
ELISA (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Pooled BALB/c and C57BL/6 mouse Ig
- Entrez Gene ID 380793
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R19-15 antibody recognizes an epitope in the CH3 domain of mouse IgG2a, with strong reactivity to the Igh-I[a] allotype and weaker reactivity to Igh-I[b]. It does not react with other Ig isotypes. Molecular genetic analyses suggest that the Igh-I[b] allele, which encodes IgG2a[b], is derived from a locus found in several wild mouse subspecies, but not domestic mice, which encodes the IgG2c isotype.
This antibody is routinely tested by ELISA analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with AKP under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free AKP were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
This antibody has been tested as a detecting reagent in ELISA (1:1000 dilution) to assure specificity and reactivity. For the sandwich mouse IgG2a ELISA, AKP-conjugated R19-15 mAb is optimal for detection with purified anti-mouse IgG2a R11-89 mAb (Cat. No. 553446) for capture. This pair of anti-mouse IgG2a mAbs can effectively quantitate mouse IgG2a of these mouse Igh-C allotypes, in order of sensitivity from highest to lowest: e, a, j, and b.