Purified Mouse Anti-Human IgM
Clone G20-127 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
ELISA (Routinely Tested)
Flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
- Entrez Gene ID 3507
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
IgM is an important component in the first line of defense against foreign pathogens, but may also play a role in autoimmune diseases. IgM monomers consist of two light and two heavy chains. Unlike the heavy chain of an IgG antibody which contains 3 constant Ig domains, the µ heavy chain of IgM contains 4 constant Ig domains. Five IgM monomers complex with a small polypeptide (J-chain) to form pentameric IgM that can be found in human plasma. In an immune response, the binding of IgM to a cell surface antigen enables C1q to activate interactions with downstream components in the classical complement pathway. Mature B lymphocytes express IgM. The G20-127 monoclonal antibody binds to the heavy chain of human IgM. The G20-127 antibody is not thought to react with other immunoglobulin heavy chain isotypes.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.