BV510 Mouse Anti-Human IgM
Clone G20-127 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IGHM; MU; Ig mu chain C region; AGM1; VH
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Entrez Gene ID 3507
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
IgM is an important component in the first line of defense against foreign pathogens, but may also play a role in autoimmune diseases. IgM monomers consist of two light and two heavy chains. Unlike the heavy chain of an IgG antibody which contains 3 constant Ig domains, the µ heavy chain of IgM contains 4 constant Ig domains. Five IgM monomers complex with a small polypeptide (J-chain) to form pentameric IgM that can be found in human plasma. In an immune response, the binding of IgM to a cell surface antigen enables C1q to activate interactions with downstream components in the classical complement pathway. Mature B lymphocytes express IgM. The G20-127 monoclonal antibody binds to the heavy chain of human IgM. The G20-127 antibody is not thought to react with other immunoglobulin heavy chain isotypes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.