Oligo Rat Anti-Mouse CD40
Clone 3/23 (RUO)
- Brand BD™ AbSeq
- Alternative Name Bp50; Tnfrsf5; TNR5; TRAP; CD40L receptor; GP39; HIGM1; IMD3; T-BAM
- Entrez Gene ID 21939
- Vol. Per Test 2 µl
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Single Cell 3' Sequencing (Qualified)
- Barcode Sequence TAGTCGGAGTGTCGTAGGAGGTTGCGTATTTAGGTG
- Sequence ID AMM2039
- Immunogen Mouse CD40 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3/23 clone monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD40, a 40-50 kDa glycoprotein expressed on B lymphocytes and other antigen-presenting cells. CD40 has been reported to be transiently expressed on activated CD4+ and CD8+ T cells and in some mouse strains, the 3/23 mAb has been reported to react with 5-10% of T lymphocytes in adult mouse, but not neonatal, spleen. CD40 plays a key role in B-cell growth and differentiation where interactions of CD40 with its ligand, CD154, are involved in the initiation, effector, and memory stages of cell-mediated immune responses. In addition, CD40 has been reported to be involved with the triggering of NK cells and NK-T cells. Ligation of CD40 with the 3/23 antibody has been reported to induce splenic B cells to express the costimulatory molecule CD86 (B7-2). In addition, although the 3/23 antibody by itself is a weak B-cell mitogen, it has been reported to synergize markedly with mitogenic anti-IgM, anti-IgD mAb or IL-4 to promote B-cell proliferation.
The antibody was conjugated to an oligonucleotide that contains an antibody clone-specific barcode (ABC) flanked by a poly-A tail on the 3' end and a PCR handle (PCR primer binding site) on the 5' end. The ABC for this antibody was designed to be used with other BD AbSeq oligonucleotides conjugated to other antibodies. All AbSeq ABC sequences were selected in silico to be unique from human and mouse genomes, have low predicted secondary structure, and have high Hamming distance within the BD AbSeq portfolio, to allow for sequencing error correction and unique mapping. The poly-A tail of the oligonucleotide allows the ABC to be captured by the BD Rhapsody™ system. The 5' PCR handle allows for efficient sequencing library generation for Illumina sequencing platforms.
NOTE: The BD Rhapsody Single-Cell Analysis System must be used with the BD Rhapsody Express Instrument.
- Format Antibody-Oligo
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography and conjugated to BD AbSeq oligonucleotide under optimal conditions.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended volume per test. Typical use is 2 µl for 1 × 10^6 cells in a 200-µl staining reaction.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Please refer to bd.com/genomics-resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US 8,835,358; US 9,290,808; US 9,290,809; US 9,315,857; US 9,567,645; US 9,567,646; US 9,598,736; US 9,708,659; and US 9,816,137. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- Illumina is a trademark of Illumina, Inc.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
Put all BD AbSeq Reagents to be pooled into a Latch Rack for 500 µL Tubes (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4900). Arrange the tubes so that they can be easily uncapped and re-capped with an 8-Channel Screw Cap Tube Capper (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4105MAT) and the reagents aliquoted with a multi-channel pipette.
BD AbSeq tubes should be centrifuged for ≥ 30 seconds at 400 × g to ensure removal of any content in the cap/tube threads prior to the first opening.