Oligo Rat Anti-Mouse CD11a
Clone M17/4 (RUO)
- Brand BD™ AbSeq
- Alternative Name Itgal; Integrin alpha-L; Integrin αL; ITAL; LFA-1A; LFA-1α; Ly-15
- Entrez Gene ID 16408
- Vol. Per Test 2 µl
- Isotype Rat WF, also known as Wistar Furth IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Single Cell 3' Sequencing (Qualified)
- Barcode Sequence AAGGGATTTAGTAGGTTTAGGATAGGTGATTCGTGG
- Sequence ID AMM2147
- Immunogen C57BL/6 Mouse Splenic Secondary Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M17/4 antibody reacts with the 180 kDa αL chain of LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18, αLβ2 integrin), a heterodimeric surface glycoprotein expressed on almost all leukocytes. CD8a+CD8b- intestinal intraepithelial T lymphocytes, which are believed to be thymus independent, do not express CD11a. LFA-1 mediates a variety of heterotypic and homotypic intercellular adhesions through interaction with ICAM-1 (CD54) and ICAM-2 (CD102), including participation in the immunological synapses between CD8+ T lymphocytes and antigen-presenting cells. mAb M17/4 blocks a variety of LFA-1-mediated cells interactions in vitro, and costimulatory effects have also been described. In vivo treatment with M17/4 mAb reduces the severity of graft-versus-host reactions, prolongs allograft survival, inhibits the development of autoimmunity, and blocks substance P-induced leukocyte migration. The M17/4 and 2D7 (Cat. No. 553120) antibodies are reported to recognize different epitopes of the CD11a molecule.
The antibody was conjugated to an oligonucleotide that contains an antibody clone-specific barcode (ABC) flanked by a poly-A tail on the 3' end and a PCR handle (PCR primer binding site) on the 5' end. The ABC for this antibody was designed to be used with other BD AbSeq oligonucleotides conjugated to other antibodies. All AbSeq ABC sequences were selected in silico to be unique from human and mouse genomes, have low predicted secondary structure, and have high Hamming distance within the BD AbSeq portfolio, to allow for sequencing error correction and unique mapping. The poly-A tail of the oligonucleotide allows the ABC to be captured by the BD Rhapsody™ system. The 5' PCR handle allows for efficient sequencing library generation for Illumina sequencing platforms.
NOTE: The BD Rhapsody Single-Cell Analysis System must be used with the BD Rhapsody Express Instrument.
- Format Antibody-Oligo
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography and conjugated to BD AbSeq oligonucleotide under optimal conditions.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended volume per test. Typical use is 2 µl for 1 × 10^6 cells in a 200-µl staining reaction.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Illumina is a trademark of Illumina, Inc.
- This product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US 8,835,358; US 9,290,808; US 9,290,809; US 9,315,857; US 9,567,645; US 9,567,646; US 9,598,736; US 9,708,659; and US 9,816,137. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to bd.com/genomics-resources for technical protocols.
Put all BD AbSeq Reagents to be pooled into a Latch Rack for 500 µL Tubes (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4900). Arrange the tubes so that they can be easily uncapped and re-capped with an 8-Channel Screw Cap Tube Capper (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4105MAT) and the reagents aliquoted with a multi-channel pipette.
BD AbSeq tubes should be centrifuged for ≥ 30 seconds at 400 × g to ensure removal of any content in the cap/tube threads prior to the first opening.