Oligo Mouse Anti-Human CD31
Clone L133.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD™ AbSeq
- Alternative Name EndoCAM; GPIIA'; PECA1; PECAM1; Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- Entrez Gene ID 5175
- Vol. Per Test 2 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Single Cell 3' Sequencing (Qualified)
- Barcode Sequence GGTGTGGTATAAGTCGGTGTCTAGGATTGGCTGTTT
- Sequence ID AHS0150
- Immunogen Purified Human Natural Killer Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The L133.1 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD31, the platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1), a 130 to 140-kilodalton (kDa) single-chain integral membrane glycoprotein that is a member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily. The CD31 antigen is composed of six extracellular immunoglobulin-like domains belonging to the C2 group. C2 domains are also found in other members of the immunoglobulin superfamily, the cell adhesion molecules (CAMs). The CD31 antigen functions as a vascular cell adhesion molecule and is involved in the process of leucocyte migration through the intercellular junctions of vascular endothelial cells. It may also be involved in thrombosis, angiogenesis, wound healing, and inflammation. The CD31 antigen is expressed on endothelial cells, platelets, T-lymphocyte subsets, monocytes, and granulocytes. The CD31 antigen has also been found in metastatic colon carcinoma. The CD31 antigen is the only known member of the CAM family to be expressed on platelets. The antigen is localized at regions of cell-cell contacts and may function as an adhesion molecule, mediating adhesion between leucocytes/endothelial cells, leucocytes/platelets, and endothelial cells/endothelial cells.
The antibody was conjugated to an oligonucleotide that contains an antibody clone-specific barcode (ABC) flanked by a poly-A tail on the 3' end and a PCR handle (PCR primer binding site) on the 5' end. The ABC for this antibody was designed to be used with other BD AbSeq oligonucleotides conjugated to other antibodies. All AbSeq ABC sequences were selected in silico to be unique from human and mouse genomes, have low predicted secondary structure, and have high Hamming distance within the BD AbSeq portfolio, to allow for sequencing error correction and unique mapping. The poly-A tail of the oligonucleotide allows the ABC to be captured by the BD Rhapsody™ system. The 5' PCR handle allows for efficient sequencing library generation for Illumina sequencing platforms.
NOTE: The BD Rhapsody Single-Cell Analysis System must be used with the BD Rhapsody Express Instrument.
- Format Antibody-Oligo
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography and conjugated to BD AbSeq oligonucleotide under optimal conditions.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended volume per test. Typical use is 2 µl for 1 × 10^6 cells in a 200-µl staining reaction.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Illumina is a trademark of Illumina, Inc.
- This product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US 8,835,358; US 9,290,808; US 9,290,809; US 9,315,857; US 9,567,645; US 9,567,646; US 9,598,736; US 9,708,659; and US 9,816,137. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to bd.com/genomics-resources for technical protocols.
Put all BD AbSeq Reagents to be pooled into a Latch Rack for 500 µL Tubes (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4900). Arrange the tubes so that they can be easily uncapped and re-capped with an 8-Channel Screw Cap Tube Capper (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4105MAT) and the reagents aliquoted with a multi-channel pipette.
BD AbSeq tubes should be centrifuged for ≥ 30 seconds at 400 × g to ensure removal of any content in the cap/tube threads prior to the first opening.