PE Mouse Anti-HuR
Clone 3A2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name HUR; ELAVL1; ELAV1; Hua; MelG
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human HuR Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3A2 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes HuR (Human antigen R) which is encoded by ELAVL1 (ELAV like RNA binding protein 1). HuR belongs to the ELAVL (embryonic lethal, abnormal vision and Drosophila-like) family of proteins that includes HuB (ELAVL2), HuC (ELAVL3) and HuD (ELAVL4). These proteins contain three RNA recognition motifs that selectively bind AU rich elements (AREs) found in the 3' untranslated regions of messenger RNAs. Although predominantly located in the nucleus, HuR shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm. HuR stabilizes ARE-containing mRNAs, regulates RNA splicing, and can thus influence the outcome of gene expression. HuR is expressed by a variety of cell types including leucocytes, eg, T cells, B cells, and dendritic cells, whereas the other ELAVL family members are primarily expressed by neurons. HuR is involved in regulating cellular growth and differentiation, eg, through the stabilization and shuttling of mRNAs including those encoding transcription factors, proto-oncogenes, costimulatory receptors, growth factors, cytokines, chemokines, and inflammatory mediators. Abnormal expression of HuR has been linked to a number of diseases, for example, overexpressed HuR levels have been detected in certain tumor cells. The 3A2 antibody crossreacts with mouse HuR as well as with human HuB and HuD, but not with HuC.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.