BV510 Rat Anti-Mouse IL-17A
Clone TC11-18H10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL-17; Il17; IL-17A; Il17a; CTLA-8; Ctla8; Interleukin-17A; interleukin 17A
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse IL-17A Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TC11-18H10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to recombinant and natural mouse IL-17A proteins. IL-17A, also known as CTLA-8, is a T cell-derived cytokine that promotes inflammatory responses. Mouse IL-17A is a proinflammatory cytokine that can induce the release of IL-6 by mouse stromal cells. It has been shown to support the growth of hemopoietic progenitors in vitro; it can also stimulate granulopoiesis in vivo. The TC11-18H10 antibody has been reported to neutralize IL-17A activity. Recent studies have shown that IL-17A is produced by a unique subset of Th17 cells that develop along a pathway distinct from the Th1- and Th2- cell differentiation pathways. The mouse IL-17A cDNA was isolated from a cDNA library generated from TCRαβ+CD4-CD8- thymocytes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.