BUV395 Rat Anti-Mouse IL-17A
Clone TC11-18H10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL-17; Il17; IL-17A; Il17a; CTLA-8; Ctla8; Interleukin-17A; interleukin 17A
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse IL-17A Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TC11-18H10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to recombinant and natural mouse IL-17A proteins. IL-17A, also known as CTLA-8, is a T cell-derived cytokine that promotes inflammatory responses. Mouse IL-17A is a proinflammatory cytokine that can induce the release of IL-6 by mouse stromal cells. It has been shown to support the growth of hemopoietic progenitors in vitro; it can also stimulate granulopoiesis in vivo. The TC11-18H10 antibody has been reported to neutralize IL-17A activity. Recent studies have shown that IL-17A is produced by a unique subset of Th17 cells that develop along a pathway distinct from the Th1- and Th2- cell differentiation pathways. The mouse IL-17A cDNA was isolated from a cDNA library generated from TCRαβ+CD4-CD8- thymocytes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 395 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.