Purified Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6G and Ly-6C
Clone RB6-8C5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ly6c, Lymphocyte antigen 6C2; Lymphocyte antigen 6G, Ly6g, Gr-1
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunoprecipitation, Western blot, Inhibition, Immunohistochemistry-zinc-fixed, Immunohistochemistry-paraffin, Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Cytotoxicity, Depletion (Reported)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Not Reported
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RB6-8C5 monoclonal antibody recognizes a common epitope on Ly-6G and Ly-6C, previously known as the myeloid differentiation antigen Gr-1. In the bone marrow, the level of antigen expression is directly correlated with granulocyte differentiation and maturation. The antigen is also expressed on the monocyte lineage in the bone marrow, but not on erythroid cells. In the periphery, RB6-8C5 antibody recognizes granulocytes (neutrophils and eosinophils) and monocytes. The RB6-8C5 antibody is a component of the "lineage cocktail" used in studies of hematopoietic cell lineages. The 1A8 antibody (Cat. No. 551461) specifically recognizes Ly-6G, but not Ly-6C.
Based on comparison of the staining patterns given by 1A8 versus RB6-8C5 antibodies on total blood leucocytes, it is evident that the 1A8 antibody stains the RB6-8C5-bright population, corresponding to Ly-6G-expressing granulocytes; whereas, the RB6-8C5-dim population is 1A8-negative and corresponds to Ly-6C-expressing lymphocytes and monocytes. Please refer to the Technical Data Sheets for Cat. No. 551459 and 553128 for more detailed information.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
For immunohistochemistry, we recommend using purified RB6-8C5 antibody in our special formulation for IHC, Cat. no. 550291.