Purified NA/LE Hamster Anti-Mouse CD49b
Clone HMα2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Integrin α2 chain
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunoprecipitation, Blocking (Reported)
- Immunogen Mouse colon carcinoma cell line Colon26
- Entrez Gene ID 16398
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 ng/µg of protein.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HMα2 antibody reacts with integrin α2 chain (CD49b), the 150-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that non-covalently associates with the integrin β1 subunit (CD29) to form the integrin α2β1 complex known as VLA-2. VLA-2, a receptor for collagen and laminin, is expressed on some splenic CD4+ T lymphocytes and NK-T cells, intestinal intraepithelial and lamina propria lymphocytes, splenic NK cells, epithelial cells, and platelets; but it is not on thymocytes or Peyer's-patch or lymphnode lymphocytes. The expression of VLA-2 is upregulated on lymphocytes in response to mitogens. The HMα2 antibody has been reported to partially block the interaction of T-cell blasts, but not NK cells, with collagen. Purified HMα2 mAb blocks the staining of splenic NK cells by the anti-CD49b/Pan-NK Cells mAb DX5 (Cat. No. 553858, for the PE conjugate). Therefore, mAb HMα2 may be used like the DX5 mAb for identification of NK cells.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
For immunohistochemical staining, we recommend the use of purified anti-rat CD49b mAb Ha1/29, which cross-reacts with mouse, Cat. No. 559987/554998.