Purified Mouse Anti-Nkx2.2
Clone 74.5A5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name NKX2-2; NKX2B; Nkx2-2; Nkx-2.2; NK-2 homolog B; glycoprotein GP330
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development) Rat, Chicken (Reported)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required), Western blot, Bioimaging, Immunofluorescence (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Chicken Nkx2.2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 74.5A5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to Homeobox protein Nkx-2.2 (Nkx2.2), which is a transcription factor required for the differentiation of ventral neuronal populations in the central nervous system and endocrine cell populations in the pancreas and intestine. Within the pancreas, Nkx2.2 is expressed in many cell subsets and plays important roles in islet and β-cell differentiation and maturation. Mice with a homozygous disruption of the Nkx2-2 gene lack mature β cells and die shortly after birth with severe hyperglycemia. Similarly to the Nkx2.2-ablated mice, homozygous mutations in the human NKX2-2 gene have been described in diabetic patients and associated with the etiology of neonatal diabetes. The NKX2-2 gene is also a target of the Ewing sarcoma specific protein EWS-FLI. Nkx2.2 expression can be monitored in order to determine cell fate changes in cultures for the generation of human pluripotent stem cell-derived insulin-producing cells as well as oligodendrocyte progenitors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Triton is a trademark of the Dow Chemical Company.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.