PerCP-Cy™5.5 Rat IgG1, λ Isotype Control
Clone A110-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG1, λ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Trinitrophenyl–Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A110-1 clone has an unknown specificity. Trinitrophenal (TNP), the immunogen, is a hapten not expressed on human, mouse, or rat cells. The immunoglobulin from clone A110-1 was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background on a variety of mouse and rat tissues.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
PerCP-Cy5.5 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of peridinin chlorophyll protein (PerCP), which is excited by the 488-nm line of an Argon ion laser and serves as the energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy5.5™, which acts as the energy acceptor and fluoresces at 695 nm.
An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest (e.g., ≤ 1 µg/million cells).