PerCP-Cy™5.5 Rat Anti-Mouse CD335 (NKp46)
Clone 29A1.4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ncr1; NK-p46; NKp46; mNKp46; MAR1; mAR-1; mouse activating receptor 1; Ly94
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse NKP46 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 17086
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The monoclonal antibody 29A1.4 specifically binds to mouse CD335, also known as NKp46. NKp46 is a 46 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of the natural cytotoxicity receptor (NCR) family and immunoglobulin superfamily. NKp46 is encoded by the Ncr1 gene located on chromosome 7. NKp46 functions as a cytotoxicity triggering receptor and is selectively expressed by immature and mature NK cells in all mouse strains tested. NKp46 is detected on a minute fraction of NK-like T cells (less than 2% of NKp46+ express CD3e) but not on CD1d-restricted NKT cells from C57BL/6 mice. When immobilized on tissue culture plates, the 29A1.4 antibody reportedly stimulates NK cells to produce interferon-gamma and to release their cytoplasmic granule contents. Although the ligands for the NKp46 receptor have not been fully characterized, recent evidence indicates that this receptor plays an important role in the NK cell-mediated recognition and killing of some virus-infected cells and tumor cells. The immunogen used to generate the 29A1.4 clone was mouse NKp46-Fc recombinant protein.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.