PE Rat anti-Mouse RANKL/TRANCE
Clone IK22-5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TRANCE; TRANCEODF; OPGL; sOdf; CD254; OPTB2; hRANKL2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse recombinant RANKL
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The IK22-5 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD254, which is also known as, Receptor Activator of NF-kB Ligand (RANKL), TNF-Related Activation-Induced Cytokine Receptor (Trance), Osteoprotegerin Ligand (OPGL), or Osteoclast Differentiation Factor (ODF). CD254/RANKL is likewise known as Tnfsf11, a member of the tumor necrosis factor family. RANKL has been implicated in interactions between T cells and dendritic cells. RANKL binds to RANK expressed on dendritic cells and upregulates the expression of anti-apoptotic protein BcL-XL suggesting a role in dendritic cell survival. RANKL is also important in T- and B-cell maturation. RANKL can both activate mature osteoclasts and mediate osteoclastogenesis. OPGL-deficient mice show severe osteoporosis and complete absence of osteoclasts as a result of lack of osteogenesis. It is expressed abundantly by mouse activated T cells, not B cells. It is also expressed on osteoclasts.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.