PE Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6G
Clone 1A8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ly6g; Lymphocyte antigen 6G; Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus G; Gr1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Ly-6G-transfected EL4J Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 1A8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to Ly-6G, a 21-25-kDa GPI-anchored protein. In the bone marrow, Ly6G is expressed on the majority of the largest cells, predominantly granulocytes, but not on lymphoid or erythroid cells. In the periphery, it is expressed on granulocytes. The mAb RB6-8C5 recognizes both Ly-6G and Ly-6C and blocks the binding of mAb 1A8 to Ly-6G.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For flow cytometry of leukocyte suspensions, we recommend the use of Mouse Fc Block™ (purified anti-mouse CD16/CD32 mAb 2.4G2, Cat. No. 553141/553142).