PE Rat Anti-Mouse IL-33R (ST2)
Clone U29-93 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Il1rl1; ST2; ST2L; IL-33R alpha; IL-33Rα; IL33RA; Ly84; DER4; Fit-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IL-33R Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 17082
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The U29-93 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the mouse Interleukin-33 Receptor (IL-33 Receptor, or IL-33R) which is also known as ST2. The IL-33R exists in either a type I transmembrane or soluble glycoprotein form. These IL-33R forms are encoded by the Il1rl1 (Interleukin-1 receptor-like 1) gene which belongs to the IL-1 Receptor family within the Ig superfamily. The IL-33R is expressed by subsets of T cells, including Th2-like cells and some regulatory T cells, as well as some innate lymphocytes, eosinophils, basophils, and mast cells. The IL-33R (also known as the IL-33R alpha subunit, or IL-33Rα) binds IL-33 and complexes with the IL-1R Accessory Protein (IL1RAP) to form a functional signaling receptor complex that can induce the production of T helper type 2 (Th2) cytokines. The soluble IL-33R may function as a decoy receptor which can block the binding of IL-33 to the transmembrane IL-33R. The IL-33R plays roles in inflammation, immunity, and allergy.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.