PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD335 (NKp46)
Clone 29A1.4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ncr1; NK-p46; NKp46; mNKp46; MAR1; mAR-1; mouse activating receptor 1; Ly94
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse NKP46 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 17086
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The monoclonal antibody 29A1.4 specifically binds to mouse CD335, also known as NKp46. NKp46 is a 46 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of the natural cytotoxicity receptor (NCR) family and immunoglobulin superfamily. NKp46 is encoded by the Ncr1 gene located on chromosome 7. NKp46 functions as a cytotoxicity triggering receptor and is selectively expressed by immature and mature NK cells in all mouse strains tested. NKp46 is detected on a minute fraction of NK-like T cells (less than 2% of NKp46+ express CD3e) but not on CD1d-restricted NKT cells from C57BL/6 mice. When immobilized on tissue culture plates, the 29A1.4 antibody reportedly stimulates NK cells to produce interferon-gamma and to release their cytoplasmic granule contents. Although the ligands for the NKp46 receptor have not been fully characterized, recent evidence indicates that this receptor plays an important role in the NK cell-mediated recognition and killing of some virus-infected cells and tumor cells. The immunogen used to generate the 29A1.4 clone was mouse NKp46-Fc recombinant protein.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.