PE Mouse Anti-Mouse Vβ 5.1, 5.2 T-Cell Receptor
Clone MR9-4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TCR Vβ5.1/5.2; Vβ5 T-cell receptor; T cell receptor beta 5
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse SWR IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse T-Cell Hybridoma 2HB51.8
- Entrez Gene ID 21577
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MR9-4 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the Vβ 5.1 and Vβ 5.2 T-cell Receptors of strains having the b haplotype (e.g., C57BL) of the Tcrb gene complex. These gene loci are deleted in mice having the a (e.g., C57BR, C57L, SJL, SWR) or c (e.g., RIII) Tcrb haplotype. Vβ5.1 and 5.2 TCR-bearing T lymphocytes are clonally eliminated, either completely or partially, in mice expressing I-E and superantigens encoded by the Mtv-1 (Mls-4a, Mlsc), Mtv-3 (Mlsc), Mtv-8 (Mlsf), Mtv-9 (Etc-1, Mlsf), Mtv-11 (Mlsf), Mtv-13 (Mls-2a, Mlsc), Mtv-27, Mtv44 , and/or Mtv-MAI endogenous provirus (e.g., A, AKR, BALB/c, C3H/He, C58, CBA/Ca, CBA/J, DBA/2, NZB, NZW). Activation of Vβ5 TCR-expressing T cells by this determinant is dependent upon presentation by I-E. Plate-bound MR9-4 antibody activates Vβ5.1 or 5.2 TCR-bearing T cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For flow cytometry of cell suspensions from peripheral lymphoid tissues, it is recommended that multicolor staining be performed to distinguish T lymphocytes from non-T cells.