PE Mouse Anti-Human LAG-3 (CD223)
Clone T47-530 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name LAG3; CD223; FDC; Lymphocyte activation gene 3 protein; Protein FDC
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human LAG-3 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 3902
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The T47-530 specifically recognizes the Lymphocyte Activation Gene 3 (LAG-3) protein which is also known as, Protein FDC, or CD223. LAG-3 is a ~70 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the Ig superfamily and exhibits homology to CD4. LAG-3 is expressed on NK cells, regulatory T cells, and activated conventional T cells with higher expression found on CD8+ T cells compared with CD4+ T cells. LAG-3 is an activation induced cell surface molecule that like CD4, binds MHC class II molecules, but with much higher affinity. This may enable LAG-3 to act as a negative competitor of CD4 for MHC class II ligand binding. LAG-3 may associate with the TCR-CD3 complex to downregulate TCR signal transduction and T cell clonal expansion. In contrast, LAG-3-induced signaling may promote dendritic cell activation.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.