PE Hamster Anti-Mouse TCR β Chain
Clone H57-597 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, λ1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Fluorescence microscopy (Reported)
- Immunogen TCR affinity-purified from mouse T-cell hybridoma DO-11.10
- Entrez Gene ID 21577
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The H57-597 antibody reacts with a common epitope of the β chain of the T-cell Receptor (TCR) complex on αβ TCR-expressing thymocytes, peripheral T lymphocytes, NK1.1+ thymocytes, and NK-T cells of all mouse strains tested. It does not react with γδ TCR-bearing T cells. In the fetal and adult thymus, the TCR β-chain may form homodimers or pair with the pre-TCR α-chain on the surface of immature thymocytes before TCR α-chain expression. Plate-bound or soluble H57-597 antibody activates αβ TCR-bearing T cells, and plate-bound mAb can induce apoptotic death.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
It has been observed that pre-incubation of thymus cell suspensions at 37°C for 2 to 4 hours prior to staining enhances the ability of anti-CD3e and anti-TCR β chain mAbs to detect the T cell receptor on immature thymocytes. This antibody conjugate is compatible with intracellular staining protocols using the BD Cytofix/Cytoperm™ Kit (Cat. No. 554714).