Pacific Blue™ Hamster IgG2, κ Isotype Control
Clone B81-3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Anti-KLH
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, κ
Flow cytometry, Isotype control (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B81-3 monoclonal antibody was raised against keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH), an antigen not expressed by mammalian cells or cell lines. Intended for use as a hamster immunoglobulin isotype control, the B81-3 antibody can be used as a negative control to help differentiate non-specific background signal when compared against a signal from a specific hamster antibody. The purified B81-3 antibody may also serve as a useful standard for some ELISA applications. KLH is a oxygen carrying metalloprotein from a species of keyhole limpet that lives off the coast of California and is often used as a carrier protein to help elicit immune responses to haptens. Since KLH is phylogenetically distant from many mammalian proteins, it often has very minimal to no cross-reactivity for many immunological assays.
Pacific Blue™ is based on the 6,8-difluoro-7-hydroxycoumarin fluorophore, and is strongly fluorescent, even at neutral pH. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is conjugated to Pacific Blue™ under optimum conditions, and unreacted Pacific Blue™ was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Pacific Blue™ has a maximum absorption of 416 nm and maximum emission of 451 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
To minimize non-specific staining via Fc receptors, we recommend the use of Mouse BD Fc Block™, purified anti-mouse CD16/CD32 mAb 2.4G2 (Cat. No. 553141/553142).