FITC Rat IgG2a, λ Isotype Control
Clone B39-4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Anti-Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH)
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, λ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Trinitrophenyl–Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B39-4 hybridoma was generated using cells from a rat that was immunized with the hapten-carrier conjugate, trinitrophenyl-keyhole limpet hemocyanin (TNP-KLH). The B39-4 antibody is specific for KLH. It has an IgG2a, λ isotype and can serve as a immunoglobulin isotype control.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
This immunoglobulin is useful as an isotype-matched negative control for immunofluorescent staining.