BV786 Rat Anti-Mouse CD90.2
Clone 30-H12 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name Thy-1.2; T25; Thymus Cell Antigen 1; Theta
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Mouse Thymus / Spleen
- Entrez Gene ID 21838
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 30-H12 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD90.2 (Thy-1.2) alloantigen on thymocytes, most peripheral T lymphocytes, some intraepithelial T lymphocytes (IEL, DEC), epithelial cells, fibroblasts, neurons, hematopoietic stem cells, but not B lymphocytes, of most mouse strains. Thy-1.2 has also been initially reported to be detectable on thymic dendritic cells, but later revealed that the antigen was probably picked up from T-lineage cells. 30-H12 mAb has been reported not to cross-react with Thy-1.1 (e.g., AKR/J, PL), or with rat Thy-1. CD90 is a GPI-anchored membrane glycoprotein of the Ig superfamily which is involved in signal transduction. In addition, there is evidence that CD90 mediates adhesion of thymocytes to thymic stroma. It has been reported that crosslinked 30-H12 antibody induces Ca2+ influx into thymocytes and that co-crosslinking of 30-H12 mAb with antibody to the CD3/TCR complex intensifies thymocyte signal transduction, promotes apoptosis of thymocytes, and inhibits the CD3-mediated proliferative response of mature T lymphocytes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV786 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 786-nm. BD Horizon BV786 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect Cy™7-like dyes (eg, 780/60-nm filter).
BV786 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 786 nm. BV786 offers a bright choice for the 6th detector off the violet laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV786 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 786 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).