BV786 Hamster Anti-Mouse CD49b
Clone HMα2 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name Integrin α2 chain
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Mouse colon carcinoma cell line Colon26
- Entrez Gene ID 16398
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HMα2 antibody reacts with integrin α2 chain (CD49b), the 150-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that non-covalently associates with the integrin β1 subunit (CD29) to form the integrin α2β1 complex known as VLA-2. VLA-2, a receptor for collagen and laminin, is expressed on some splenic CD4+ T lymphocytes and NK-T cells, intestinal intraepithelial and lamina propria lymphocytes, splenic NK cells, epithelial cells, and platelets; but it is not on thymocytes or Peyer's-patch or lymphnode lymphocytes. The expression of VLA-2 is upregulated on lymphocytes in response to mitogens. The HMα2 antibody has been reported to partially block the interaction of T-cell blasts, but not NK cells, with collagen. Purified HMα2 mAb blocks the staining of splenic NK cells by the anti-CD49b/Pan-NK Cells mAb DX5 (Cat. No. 553858, for the PE conjugate). Therefore, mAb HMα2 may be used like the DX5 mAb for identification of NK cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV786 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 786-nm. BD Horizon BV786 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect Cy™7-like dyes (eg, 780/60-nm filter).
BV786 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 786 nm. BV786 offers a bright choice for the 6th detector off the violet laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV786 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 786 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).