BV510 Rat Anti-Mouse CD335 (NKp46)
Clone 29A1.4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Ncr1; NK-p46; NKp46; mNKp46; MAR1; mAR-1; mouse activating receptor 1; Ly94
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse NKP46 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 17086
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The monoclonal antibody 29A1.4 specifically binds to mouse CD335, also known as NKp46. NKp46 is a 46 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of the natural cytotoxicity receptor (NCR) family and immunoglobulin superfamily. NKp46 is encoded by the Ncr1 gene located on chromosome 7. NKp46 functions as a cytotoxicity triggering receptor and is selectively expressed by immature and mature NK cells in all mouse strains tested. NKp46 is detected on a minute fraction of NK-like T cells (less than 2% of NKp46+ express CD3e) but not on CD1d-restricted NKT cells from C57BL/6 mice. When immobilized on tissue culture plates, the 29A1.4 antibody reportedly stimulates NK cells to produce interferon-gamma and to release their cytoplasmic granule contents. Although the ligands for the NKp46 receptor have not been fully characterized, recent evidence indicates that this receptor plays an important role in the NK cell-mediated recognition and killing of some virus-infected cells and tumor cells. The immunogen used to generate the 29A1.4 clone was mouse NKp46-Fc recombinant protein.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.