BV480 Rat Anti-Mouse TER-119/Erythroid Cells
Clone TER-119 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name Lymphocyte antigen 76; Ly76; Ly-76; TER-119; Ter119
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Mouse Fetal Liver
- Entrez Gene ID 104231
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TER-119 antibody specifically binds to a 52 kDa molecule associated with glycophorin A on cells of the erythroid lineage in embryonic yolk sac, fetal liver, newborn liver, adult bone marrow, adult peripheral blood, and adult lymphoid organs. The TER-119 antigen is expressed on erythroid cells from pro-erythroblast through mature erythrocyte stages, but not on cells with BFU-E or CFU-E activities. The TER-119 epitope is not detected on hematopoietic stem cells, lymphoid cells, myeloid cells, or erythroleukemia lines. The TER-119 mAb is a component of the "lineage cocktail" used in studies of hematopoietic progenitors to detect, or deplete cells committed to the hematopoietic lineages.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV480 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BV510.
BD Horizon™ BV480 is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BD Horizon™ BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BD Horizon BV510. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BV480, BV510 and V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV480 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 480 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).