BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse IL-33R (ST2)
Clone U29-93 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Il1rl1; ST2; ST2L; IL-33R alpha; IL-33Rα; IL33RA; Ly84; DER4; Fit-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IL-33R Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 17082
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The U29-93 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the mouse Interleukin-33 Receptor (IL-33 Receptor, or IL-33R) which is also known as ST2. The IL-33R exists in either a type I transmembrane or soluble glycoprotein form. These IL-33R forms are encoded by the Il1rl1 (Interleukin-1 receptor-like 1) gene which belongs to the IL-1 Receptor family within the Ig superfamily. The IL-33R is expressed by subsets of T cells, including Th2-like cells and some regulatory T cells, as well as some innate lymphocytes, eosinophils, basophils, and mast cells. The IL-33R (also known as the IL-33R alpha subunit, or IL-33Rα) binds IL-33 and complexes with the IL-1R Accessory Protein (IL1RAP) to form a functional signaling receptor complex that can induce the production of T helper type 2 (Th2) cytokines. The soluble IL-33R may function as a decoy receptor which can block the binding of IL-33 to the transmembrane IL-33R. The IL-33R plays roles in inflammation, immunity, and allergy.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 421 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,362,193; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).