BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse F4/80
Clone T45-2342 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Gpf480; F480; Emr1; Ly71; DD7A5-7; EGF-TM7; TM7LN3
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Bioimaging (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Mouse F4/80 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 13733
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The T45-2342 monoclonal antibody recognizes the mouse F4/80 antigen which is also known as EGF-like module-containing mucin-like hormone receptor-like 1 (EMR1). F4/80 is a 160 kDa glycoprotein that belongs to the EGF-TM7 family of seven-transmembrane spanning cell surface molecules. It is expressed on the surface of granulocytes and a wide range of mature tissue macrophages including, Kupffer cells, splenic red pulp macrophages, microglia, gut lamina propria macrophages, and Langerhans cells. F4/80 expression has also been reported on subpopulations of dendritic cells. F4/80 expression is heterogeneous and may be increased during inflammatory responses as observed in various mouse models of colitis, diabetes and brain injury.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.