BUV737 Rat Anti-Mouse Vβ 6 T-Cell Receptor
Clone RR4-7 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name TCR V beta 6; TCR Vβ6
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat F344, also known as Fischer, CDF IgG2b, λ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen C57BL/6 Mouse Helper T-Cell Clone OI11
- Entrez Gene ID 110317
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RR4-7 antibody specifically reacts with the Vβ 6 T-Cell Receptor (TCR) of mice having the a (e.g., C57BR, C57L, SJL) and b (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA/Ca, C3H/He, C57BL, DBA/1) haplotypes of the Tcrb gene complex. The Tcrb-V6 gene locus is deleted in mice having the c (e.g., RIII) haplotype. Vβ 6 TCR-bearing T lymphocytes are clonally eliminated in mice expressing superantigen encoded by Mtv-7 (Mls-1[a], Mls[a]) endogenous provirus (e.g., AKR, CBA/J, C58, DBA/2, NZB), or Mtv-43 endogenous provirus (e.g., MA/MyJ). Exogenous MMTV-SW, as well as endogenous Mtv-44-encoded superantigen (e.g., NZW), also causes incomplete elimination of Vβ 6 TCR-expressing T cells. Plate-bound RR4-7 antibody activates Vβ 6 TCR-bearing T cells, soluble RR4-7 mAb blocks in vitro proliferation and cytolytic activities of Vβ 6 TCR-bearing T-cell clones, and injection of the antibody results in in vivo depletion of Vβ 6 TCR-bearing T cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV737 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BUV395 with an Ex Max of 348-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 737-nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BUV737 can be excited by the ultraviolet laser (355 nm) and detected with a 740/35 filter. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by other laser lines, there may be significant spillover into channels detecting Alexa Fluor® 700-like dyes (eg, 712/20-nm filter).
Due to spectral differences between labeled cells and beads, using BD™ CompBeads can result in incorrect spillover values when used with BD Horizon BUV737 reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended. Different BUV737 reagents (eg, CD4 vs. CD45) can have slightly different fluorescence spillover therefore, it may also be necessary to use clone specific compensation controls when using these reagents.
BUV737 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BUV395 and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 737 nm. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by other laser lines, there may be significant spillover in to channels detecting Alexa Fluor® 700 like dyes (for example, 712/20-nm filter). BUV737 has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences for instruments equipped with a 355-nm UV laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV737 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 737 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).