BUV395 Mouse Anti-Mouse CD45.1
Clone A20 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Ly-5; Lyt4; CD45R; LCA; Ptprc; Protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type C
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse A.SW IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen SJL mouse thymocytes and splenocytes
- Entrez Gene ID 19264
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A20 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD45 (Leukocyte Common Antigen) on all leukocytes of mouse strains expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen (eg, RIII, SJL/J, STS/A, DA). This alloantigen was originally named Ly-5.2, but was later changed to Ly-5.1 to conform with the convention that the .2 alloantigen designates the C57BL/6 strain. mAb A20 has been reported not to react with leukocytes of most other mouse strains which express the CD45.2 alloantigen. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family; its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains while the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), and differing levels of glycosylation. CD45 isoforms in the mouse are cell type-, maturation-, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction. The A20 antibody has been reported to inhibit some responses of B cells (from mice expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen) to antigens and LPS.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.