BUV395 Hamster Anti-Mouse CD183 (CXCR3)
Clone CXCR3-173 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name CXCR3; Cxcr3; CXC-R3; CXCR-3; GPR9; IP-10 Receptor
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Mouse CXCR3 peptide (amino acids 1–37) Peptide
- Entrez Gene ID 12766
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CXCR3-173 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse CD183, also known as CXCR3. CD183 is a seven transmembrane spanning, G protein-coupled chemokine receptor for CXC chemokines including CXCL9 (Mig), CXCL10 (IP-10) and CXCL11 (I-TAC). These chemokines are induced by inflammatory cytokines including IFN-γ, IFN-α/β, and TNF. CXCR3 is primarily expressed on activated/memory CD4+ and CD8+ T lymphocytes, Foxp+ regulatory T cells, natural killer T (NKT) cells and mature NK cells. Binding of chemokines to CXCR3 induces integrin activation, cytoskeletal changes, and chemotactic migration of activated lymphocytes. CD183 has been reported to play important roles in T cell recruitment and immune responses in a number of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The CXCR3-173 antibody reportedly inhibited in vitro chemotactic responses to CXCL10 or CXCL11 significantly but not to CXCL9. When administered systemically to mouse hosts, the CXCR3-173 antibody reportedly prolonged cardiac and pancreatic islet cell allograft survival. In the presence of CXCR3 ligands, especially, CXCL10 and CXCL11, staining with the antibody can be significantly blocked.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences to have minimal spillover into other detectors, making it an optimal choice for multicolor flow cytometry. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, BD Horizon BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Regulatory Document Website||Download TDS|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 395 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).