Biotin Mouse Anti-Mouse Qa-2
Clone 1-1-2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse C3H.KBR IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen C3H.SW mouse skin graft and splenocytes
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 1-1-2 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the Qa-2 MHC class Ib antigen, which is expressed at higher levels on mature T lymphocytes than on B cells. Its expression is upregulated in the late stages of T-cell maturation. Qa-2 is a 40 kDa GPI-linked cell surface molecule encoded by the Q5, Q6, Q7, and/or Q9 genes of the H-2 complex. A 39 kDa soluble form results from alternative splicing of the transcript. Although Qa-2 is nonpolymorphic, its level of expression on both T and B lymphocytes varies among inbred mouse strains. High expressors include strains carrying the H-2[b] haplotype low expressors include H-2[d] strains, and H-2[k] strains are Qa-2-negative.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
This antibody has been tested during development for immunohistochemical (IHC) application by staining of acetone-fixed frozen rmouse spleen and thymus tissue sections with the antibody concentration of 0.5 -10 µg/ml. It's not tested for each lot for IHC application. Since applications vary, each investigator must determine dilutions appropriate for individual use.