Biotin Hamster IgG2, λ1 Isotype Control
Clone Ha4/8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Anti-KLH
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, λ1
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Keyhole limpet hemocyanin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Ha4/8 antibody is specific for the keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH).
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
Immunostaining and Flow cytometry: This immunoglobulin is useful as an isotype-matched negative control for immunofluorescent staining.
Immunohistochemistry : For IHC, we recommend the use of purified Ha4/8 mAb in our special formulation for immunohistochemistry, Cat. No. 550345.