APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD86
Clone GL1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name B7-2; Ly-58; Cd28l2; Early T-cell costimulatory molecule 1; ETC1; MB7; CLS1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse (CBA/Ca) LPS-activated splenic B Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 12524
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The GL1 antibody specifically recognizes the B7-2 (CD86) costimulatory molecule expressed on a broad spectrum of leukocytes, including B lymphocytes, T lymphocytes, thioglycollate-induced peritoneal macrophages, dendritic cells and astrocytes. CD86 is expressed at low levels by freshly explanted peripheral B and T cells, and its expression is substantially increased by a variety of T cell- and B cell-specific stimuli with a peak expression after 18-42 hours of culture. In contrast to most naive CD4+ T cells, memory CD4+ T cells express B7-2, both at the mRNA and protein level. CD86, a ligand for CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4), is one of the accessory molecules that plays an important role in T cell-B cell costimulatory interactions. It has been shown to be involved in immunoglobulin class-switching and triggering of mouse NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. CD80 (B7-1) is an alternate ligand for CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). GL1 antibody reportedly blocks MLR and stimulation of T cells by natural antigen-presenting cells. In addition, a mixture of anti-B7-1 and anti B7-2 (GL1) mAbs reportedly inhibits the in vitro interaction of CTLA-4 with its ligand and the in vivo priming of cytotoxic T lymphocytes.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.