APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD44
Clone IM7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Pgp-1; Ly-24; H-CAM; HERMES; ECMR-III; Hyaluronate Receptor
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Dexamethasone-induced, SJL mouse spontaneous myeloid leukemia M1 cells myeloid leukemia M1
- Entrez Gene ID 12505
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The IM7 antibody specifically recognizes an epitope on both alloantigens and all isoforms of the CD44 glycoprotein (Pgp-1, Ly-24). The standard form of CD44, lacking variable exons and referred to as CD44H or CD44s, is widely expressed on hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells. CD44 isoforms encoded by variable exons are expressed on epithelial cells, but only at low levels on most leukocytes. Mice with the Ly-24.1 alloantigen (e.g., BALB/c, CBA/J, DBA/1, DBA/2) have relatively large subsets of CD44H+ T lymphocytes, while Ly-24.2 strains (e.g., A, AKR, CBA/N, C3H/He, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, NZB, SJL, SWR, 129) have fewer CD44H+ T cells. CD44 is a cell adhesion receptor, and its principal ligand, hyaluronate, is a common component of extracellular matrices. Differential glycosylation of CD44 influences its binding to hyaluronate. Additional ligands include the cell surface form of CD74 and the cytokine osteopontin (Eta-1). Bone marrow- and thymus-derived progenitor cells capable of repopulating the thymus express CD44. In the periphery, the level of CD44 expression increases upon activation of B lymphocytes, CD4+ T cells, and CD8+ T cells; memory cells can be recognized by their CD44[hi] phenotype. The IM7 mAb inhibits established collagen-induced arthritis in DBA/1 mice. Moreover, it prevents CNS inflammation and clinical symptoms of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. In contrast, the same antibody exacerbates experimental autoimmune thyroiditis in CBA/J mice. The IM7 mAb recognizes a different epitope from that recognized by mAb KM114, and the antibody pair can be used in ELISA to detect soluble CD44. It has been observed that IM7 antibody crossreacts with human, dog, cat, horse, cow, and pig leukocytes. Anti-human CD44, clone G44-26, and IM7 antibody compete for binding to human peripheral blood lymphocytes.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.