APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD138
Clone 281-2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name SYND1; Syndecan-1; syn-1; Sdc1; Sstn; synstatin
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat F344, also known as Fischer, CDF IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen NAMRU mouse mammary gland epithelial cell line NMuMG
- Entrez Gene ID 20969
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 281-2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the core protein of CD138 (Syndecan-1), a cell-surface, integral membrane heparan sulfate- and chondroitin sulfate-containing proteoglycan that binds to interstitial extracellular matrix molecules. Syndecan-1 is predominantly expressed on epithelial cells, where its expression correlates with normal epithelial organization. It is also expressed on B lymphocytes at specific stages during their differentiation: precursor B cells in the bone marrow, and antibody-secreting cells including plasma cells (but not mature peripheral B cells). It is thus implicated in mediating B cell-matrix interactions. CD138 expression is also regulated during embryonic development, and the molecule shows a tissue- specific structural polymorphism resulting from different post-translational modifications. The 281-2 antibody may be used to detect the differently glycosylated forms, because it reacts with the core protein. Furthermore, the mAb detects the Syndecan-1 ectodomain which is cleaved from cell surfaces by a metalloproteinase.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.